Friday, September 11, 2009

Home again, home again.......

Pictures of our beautiful Capital City, CANBERRA. Lake Burley Griffin in the foreground
I have no idea what the buildings are, everything is so clean and pretty.
The pictures were all taken from almost the same spot

The plan was to see Floriade
which is an annual festival of flowers, but unfortunately I (we) got the dates mixed up, I was there a week too soon and it was all fenced in. My daughter-in-law has promised to send me some photos.
Canberra is a very pretty place, a lot like Adelaide, with hills surrounding the city.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pip said...

But it is a lot colder in the winter than Adelaide. Doesn't look as if they have had as much rain as we have.

Olive said...

Yes Pip, I noticed the difference from the plane window. Bright green grassy fields around Adelaide (for a change) and not much green to be seen around Canberra.