Saturday, September 13, 2008

I DID have a cold frame !


I went out this morning to open the cold frame because it is going to be a lovely sunny day and I didn't want to cook my newly emerging seedlings, only to find that "some thing" had jumped on the glass overnight. I suspect that it may have been a kangaroo, there are lots of them around at the moment. They come out of the forest looking for water, since Woods and Forests have breached the dams that were in the forest, they jump over, or through, our fences to drink from our dams.
GRRRRRRRRRrrrr!!!!

3 comments:

Veggie Gnome said...

Oh, no!! What a bummer! Are the seedlings alright in there?

Quite likely a kangaroo. They are over here, too.

Olive said...

Popeye is at this moment, re-constructing the top with perspex. Even I could jump on it then, and it wouldn't break.
The seedlings are showered with fragments of glass. I'll have to brush them off before any of them go into the garden beds.
How come your tomatoes look better than mine ?

Veggie Gnome said...

Mine are inside, on the window sill. That's why. :)
Do you need one? Or two?

Yes, perspex should do the trick.