Wednesday, October 7, 2009

More blues

Continuation of the last Blog, here are the pictures that wouldn't fit on the last page. (Maybe some one could tell me how to post more than 4 pics at a time through Picasa) Cheery little bluebells, I love these little flowers, went to a heap of work some years ago to plant them under the silver birches in my "forest" but Popeye continues to ride over them with the mower, so the only ones to flower are those growing in the garden around the house.
The prettiest coloured freezia.
Glorious colour of a ground cover plant, name long forgotten.... I have a habit of purchasing a plant, planting it then discarding the label because of course, I should remember that !! (but dont)
Last, but not least, just a touch of blue on these Dutch irises. I do try to NOT have yellow flowers because, to me yellow is a weed colour, and I have enough weeds without adding more. I ordered these bulbs from an interstate bulb nursery, they were advertised as WHITE....but when something grows so well....who am I to decide that it cant. I dont dig them when they are dormant, they simply keep on coming back.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hello Olive
Yes Blue is my colour to garden with too - roses have to contend with being lavendery blue tho'
do all Echium's keel over after floweering - I had one years ago that I just cut back and it seemd to grow and flower each year for a fair while. Lack of water finally got it.
Take care
Cathy