Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More gherkins and apricots

Two jars of gherkins, one from yesterday's lot and one from today, showing the way they change colour, very quickly. It never fails to amaze me. It seems Popeye is not growing so much spinach this year but concentrating on the Pumpkin family. we will soon be looking like zucchini, there is a glut of them, yellow ones white ones and green, both dark and light.


Some of my apricots that I preserved yesterday, the one on the left looks a little cloudy, thats because I gave it a little shake. I got thirteen size 31 jars from 10 kg of fruit, would have made 14 if we hadn't eaten so many.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dND said...

those look so lovely - I'm going to have to get my head around bottling/canning this year.

Olive said...

It sure is a rewarding pastime and very satisfying. Nothing better than eating the things you grow yourself.
(even though I did not grow the apricots) I dont seem to have much luck with my grafted apricot tree, so I'm going to try planting some of the kernels from these big, luscious fruit. Fingers crossed !