Friday, January 1, 2010

Strange weather

The last day of 2009 was stinky hot...nearly 42C. Thunder and lightening. Then the water bombing planes started to fly over..never a sound that brings any pleasure. I later heard that the scrub fire was at One Tree Hill and under control. Not far from here, as the crow flies.
This morning, New Years day we woke to fog !!! Looking from my window I noticed that a "volunteer" tiger lilly had water drops hanging from the un-opened buds. What a great start to 2010.
Here, harder to see are hundreds of water drops on the surface of the agave.
Yesterday I said my blogs in 2010 would NOT be about my garden because of the untidy state it is in, here I am... first post for the year...about the garden.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Hello Olive
Stinking hot here also - culminated in an enormous storm last night - thunder, lightning, torrential rain, you name it we got it lol
Love the look of the water dripping off the lily buds - good shot
Take care
Cathy

Olive said...

Thankyou Cathy, We didn't have any rain, if we did I slept through it.!!
Some cooler weather heading your way from SA.
Blogger seems to be playing games, I had 2 comments from you but only one has been shown even though I did *moderate* them both. Ghosts of decades past ??? (LOL)

Happy new year to you and your DH.

Mickle in NZ said...

Happy New Year. What a wonderful start for you. I hope you have a year of improved health, flood-free yet decent rainfall and much happiness,

Michelle xxxxx