Thursday, November 11, 2010

Spring beauty

THis is a new iris that I purchased at the Meadows Market last Easter. Very aptly named HYPNOSIS. I asked the stallholder to recommend a pink variety, this is what I got, the pictures do not do it justice.
It is the most delicate shade of apricot with bright orange beards. It almost does hypnotise one, to see it slighty moving in the breeze.
The blue one is DREAM OF YOU. This is one I purchased from the same seller the previous year.
They never fail to amaze me, such strong foliage and extremely delicate blooms.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

My Veggie Garden said...

Got to love spring :)

Aimee said...

I love irises, they are probably my favorite flower. I wonder why I haven't planted any? Probably because you can't eat them - as far as I know.

Olive said...

ROFL !! Aimee you sound just like my husband.....do you have a German accent ?