Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I love this time of year...............

..............when some of my favourite shrubs are in bloom. I don't know the name of this plant, but it is so beautiful. It usually flowers just before a heavy downpour which ruins the flowers, fingers crossed for this year. The next picture...........
.......is a close up of the flowers. Pity about the blackberry trying to out grow it. This is a dedciduous shrub who's foliage turns a bright orange in the autumn. I love it.
And something to fill in the remaining space, sadly neglected in its hanging basket, a Ratstail cactus. Ugly plant, delightful flower.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mickle in NZ said...

What beautiful flowers on a very pretty shrub. I haven't a clue what it is either but it does look lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hi there beautiful shrub I believe it is a Tamarix/Tamarisk