Friday, April 9, 2010

10 green bottles...............

..............hanging on the wall.... no, there's only eight and some of them are brown. But these bottles remind me of the old song the kids used to sing as we traveled along in the car. Drove me to distraction by the way ! Think about that for a while....the things our kids did that drove us to distraction....funny how they convert to happy memories 45-50 years down the track. LOL

These are some of the bottles of lemonade cordial that we made yesterday with the bumper crop of fruit we had on our tree. Now just add a couple of ice cubes and some soda water and you have a very refreshing drink.

The bottles I purchased at a garage sale quite a long time ago for 50cents. A real bargain. They work perfectly in the Vacola preserver, I haven't even had to buy new rubber seals for them yet. They are used only for this purpose each year.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pip said...

The green colour looks really lovely, some gin might be nice with that lemon cordial as well.

Olive said...

And I just happen to have a FULL bottle of gin in my larder Pip !!